The NBA Finals start tonight in Oklahoma City where the Thunder take on the Miami Heat. Here are some points to keep in mind. Don't forget to enter your pick for the Bucks Playoff Pick 'em for your chance to win a Bucks prize pack.
Miami Heat at Oklahoma City Thunder - Game 1
- Miami and Oklahoma City split their only two meetings of the season. Both teams won at home.
- The heat are trying to avoid becoming the first team to lose back-to-back Finals since the Nets lost to the Lakers in 202 and the Spurs in 2003.
- This will be the Thunder's first trip to the finals since moving to Oklahoma City, but the fourth time they've made it in their franchise history (as the Seattle Super Sonics).
- When Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and James Harden are in the game the Thunder haveoutscored opponents by 116 points this postseason. When the Thunder's big three aren't on the court at the same time they have been outscored by 16 points.
- This will be the third NBA Finals apperance for both LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
- This will be the first time that they league scoring champ (Kevin Durant) and league MVP (LeBron James) will square off in the NBA Finals since 1997 when scoring champ Michael Jordan and the Bulls beat MVP Karl Malone and the Jazz.
(Information gathered from Stats Inc. and NBA.com)