Milwaukee Bucks 2014 “Predict the Picks” Draft Contest Official Rules
Milwaukee Bucks 2014 “Predict the Picks” Draft Contest
(1) No purchase necessary to enter.
(2) Eligibility - Contest open to legal residents of Wisconsin, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant”), except employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of the Milwaukee Bucks, LLC (the “Bucks”), the National Basketball Association (“the NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents (all together herein after the “NBA Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win.
(3) How to Enter and Win - To enter, visit the Bucks Official Website at www.bucks.com and click on the “Predict the Picks” Contest link and fill out the on-line entry form along with your guess as to which players will be selected for positions 1 – 5 (prior to any trades) during the 2014 NBA Draft (all together herein after your “Entry”). Completely fill out the entry form, including your email address and telephone number so that you may be contacted if your Entry is selected as the winning Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per email address, per household during the Contest Term. One (1) “Prizewinner” who selects the most picks correctly will be chosen as the winner of the Contest. In the event there is a tie, the Prizewinner will be randomly selected from the group of Entries which have selected the most picks correctly. The chosen Prizewinner will be notified by email and/or telephone within 72 hours of the conclusion of the Contest. In the event Prizewinner cannot be contacted or declines the prize, another Prizewinner will be chosen from the same eligible Entries that correctly identify the player. If none of the Entries received correctly identify the Draft selection order (1-5) or if the Bucks do not have a draft pick in the 2014 NBA Draft (because of a trade or other circumstances) then a Prizewinner and alternate Prizewinners, if applicable, will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries received and prizes related to Bucks’ draft pick will be substituted for prizes of equal or greater value, if necessary. All decisions and judgments regarding the contest rules are solely made by the Bucks and are final in all respects. Chances of winning are based on the number of eligible Entries received.
(4) Contest Term - Contest begins June 11, 2014 and ends June 26, 2014 (the “Contest Term”). All Entries must be received by 6:00 PM Central Time on June 26, 2014. The Bucks are not responsible or otherwise liable in any manner for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, nor-delivered, or improperly captured Entries.
(5) Prize(s) – One (1) Prizewinner will have a chance to play a game of H-O-R-S-E with the first player the Bucks select in the 2014 NBA Draft at the Bucks training facility (date and time to-be-determined by the Bucks) and two (2) Courtside Club tickets to the Bucks opening home game during the 2014-15 NBA Season. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $400.00. The winning prizes are non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Prizewinner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes or any prize or award. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the Bucks’ option for a prize of equal or greater value. Event tickets provided for herein will be in a location to be determined by the Bucks. Prizewinners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and return same properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of prize(s). Failure to return signed Affidavit of Release within seven (7) days may result in forfeiture of prize(s). To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Bucks 2014 Predict the Picks” Contest”, Milwaukee Bucks, 1001 N. 4th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203-1312.
(6) By entering, Entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and well as all rules and guidelines associated with Bucks.com and Entrant further agrees hold harmless and indemnify the Bucks and/or NBA Entities against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) Entrant’s participation in the Contest; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in this Contest.
(7) In consideration for being awarded the prize, Prizewinners hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of Prizewinner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Bucks and/or the NBA Entities. Furthermore, Prizewinner grants permission for the Bucks to publish, post, display, and otherwise use Prizewinner’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information or work product (such as blog entries) created by Prizewinner in connection with this Contest as a Prizewinner (whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used along, or used with other works) at any time, in any form, in any manner, and in any media deemed appropriate by the Bucks, including but not limited to on Bucks.com, without further compensation of any kind and without notice, review, or approval. Tweets, posts, etc. created by Prizewinner on behalf of the Bucks in connection with this Contest must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate for publication, as determined by the Bucks in their sole discretion, and may not be copied, posted or re-publicized in any other form, including but not limited to, on other websites, newspapers or with other media.
(8) The Bucks reserve the right to terminate, withdraw or amend this Contest, or disqualify any Entrant for any reason and without notice including, without limitation, if the Contest cannot be administered as planned or if the Bucks suspect tampering has occurred, voiding the Entries at issue or terminating the Contest and selecting alternative Prizewinner(s) from among that portion of the Contest that has not been compromised, if any. The Bucks may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any Entrant or individual who tampers with any Entry or with the operation of the Contest, who acts in violation of these Official Rules or otherwise in a non-sportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or who displays any intent to threaten, abuse, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE BUCKS OR SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(9) Each Entrant may be asked to consent (or “opt-in”) to receive additional promotional emails or offers from the Bucks or its sponsors. Subject to Entrant’s consent, Entrant understands that the Bucks or its sponsors may use Entrant’s information (including e-mail address) for marketing purposes and to provide Entrant with information about the Bucks or its sponsor’s products, services and special offers and Entrant expressly consents to Bucks’ or its sponsors’ use of Entrant’s information for such purposes.
(10) Contest void where prohibited by law.