Draft Workout - May 9, 2014
The Bucks 2014 Draft Workouts began Friday afternoon at the Training Center in St. Francis. The workout featured two local college standouts, Ben Brust from Wisconsin and Jake Thomas from Marquette.
Guard - Wisconsin
6'1" - 195lbs
- Two-time All-Big Ten honorable mention (2013, 2014).
- Earned Wisconsin’s Big Ten Sportsmanship Award in 2014.
- His 235 career 3-pointers made is the most in Wisconsin history. Brust connected on 96 shots from downtown in the 2013-14 season alone, surpassing his previous school record of 79 set in 2012-13.
- Averaged 12.6 ppg through the Badgers’ five NCAA Tournament games and shot 50 percent from behind the arc (15-for-30).
- Scored season- and career-high 29 points vs. Minnesota on 3/14/14, which was the second-highest single game total by a Badger this season.
Guard - Marquette
6'3" - 205lbs
- Transferred to Marquette from South Dakota and sat out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA Division I transfer rules.
- Named to the 2012-13 BIG EAST All-Academic Team after his first season at Marquette, and also earned the Standard of Academic Excellence Award and the One Shining Moment Award at the team’s postseason banquet.
- Scored a career-high 22 points vs. Georgetown on 2/22/14.
- Named to the Great West Conference's All-Newcomer Team at South Dakota after his freshman season (2009-10) and was a two-time All-GWC honorable mention (2010 and 2011).
- From Racine, Wis., and was a key player on the St. Catherine’s team that made a run to the WIAA Division 3 state championship in 2008-09.
Forward - Oregon
6'8" - 210lbs
- Played for UCLA as a freshman, transferred to UNLV for his sophomore and junior seasons, and finished his career at Oregon, where he averaged 13.2 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists as a senior.
- Earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention in 2014.
- Closed the 2013-14 regular season with four consecutive double-doubles, the first Duck with four straight since Maarty Leunen in 2006-07.
- Earned All-Mountain West First Team honors and an Associated Press honorable mention during his time at UNLV.
Forward - North Dakota State
6'7" - 205lbs
- Averaged 17.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.8 assists as a senior.
- Finished his career ranked fourth on North Dakota State’s all-time free throws made list, seventh in total points, eighth in steals and ninth in total rebounds.
- Named 2014 Summit League Player of the Year and earned All-Summit League First Team honors as a senior, while also being tabbed as an AP All-American honorable mention.
- Led North Dakota State to a 26-7 record, the Summit League Regular Season championship, the Summit League Tournament Championship and an NCAA Tournament berth as a senior.