The Milwaukee Bucks announced that the team will hold a mini-camp featuring non-draft-eligible free agents this Tuesday through Thursday. Twenty-three prospective players will be in attendance, including 12 with previous NBA experience.
|Washington State/New Zealand||7/5/87||6'6"||191 lbs||Guard/Forward|
- Spent two seasons at Washington State, including a redshirt campaign in 2006-07 and a freshman season in 2007-08 in which he averaged 1.2 points in 12 games.
- Has played professionally in both his native New Zealand and Australia since 2008, including time with both the New Zealand Breakers and Waikato Pistons.
- His Breakers teams are the three-time defending Australian NBL champions.
- Represented New Zealand at the 2007 World University Games, the 2009 FIBA Oceania Championships and the 2010 FIBA World Championships.
|Iowa State||10/9/87||6'10"||230 lbs||Forward|
- Originally drafted with the 21st pick by the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2010 NBA Draft.
- Saw action in 17 games with the Philadelphia 76ers between 2010-12, averaging 1.8 points and 7.1 minutes per game.
- Played for the Springfield Armor (2010-11), Maine Red Claws (2011-12) and Los Angeles D-Fenders (2012-13) of the NBA D-League, averaging 15.7 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game in his career.
- Played the 2012-13 season as the starting point guard for Gravelines (France) and averaged 18.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game.
- Spent 2011-12 as a member of the D-League’s Tulsa 66ers where he averaged 15.1 points, 2.7 rebound and 2.6 assists per game.
- Started his collegiate career at Indian Hills Community College in 2007 and played his freshman and sophomore seasons there before transferring to Marquette.
- Earned Marquette’s “6th Man of the Year” award his junior year (2009-10 season).
|Southern Mississippi||4/22/86||6'8"||214 lbs||Forward|
- Spent the past two seasons with the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the NBA D-League, averaging 7.8 points per game through 24 contests.
- Earned 2011 First Team All-Conference USA honors and was a 2011 NABC All-District selection.
- Led the Golden Eagles in scoring (18.8 ppg) and rebounding (7.7 rpg) his senior season at Southern Mississippi.
- Has three years of NBA experience, having seen time in 113 games (12 starts) for Utah (2009-10), Minnesota, Toronto (2010-11) and New Jersey (2010-12). His career averages are 4.5 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
- He played in two preseason games for Indiana in 2012-13.
- After playing for four years at Georgia (2004-08), Gaines spent time with Cantu in the Italian League and Idaho of the NBA D-League before getting called up to NBA experience with the Jazz.
|New Mexico State||11/8/87||6'2"||171 lbs||Guard|
- Led New Mexico State to the championship game of the WAC Conference. Tournament in three of his four seasons, with his team winning the championship in 2007 and 2010.
- Named All-WAC Second Team after averaging 17.5 points per game as a senior in 2010.
- Has played professionally for teams in Turkey, Israel and Italy.
- Earned All-Turkish League Honorable Mention in 2012 and competed in the Turkish League All-Star Game, where he won the 3-point shootout.
- Competed in the Italian League All-Star Game in 2013.
|ALABAMA A&M||7/26/86||6'11"||230 lbs||Center|
- Averaged 6.3 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game during the 2012-13 season for the NBA D-League’s Santa Cruz Warriors.
- Saw action in 26 NBA games during the 2011-12 season, playing for the Miami Heat and Golden State Warriors.
- Also saw playing time with the D-League’s Rio Grande Valley Vipers.
- Earned 2013 NBA D-League All-Defensive Third Team honors.
- As a senior at Alabama A&M, led the SEC with 4.5 blocks per game and held the No. 2 spot in NCAA Div. I standings.
- Completed the 2012-13 season with Maccabi Tel Aviv where he averaged 13.5 points, 2.7 rebounds and 3.1 assists. Maccabi won the 2013 Israeli National Cup.
- Played in the Italian League for Pesaro in 2011-12 and posted averages of 16.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Also spent time with the professional basketball teams Otopeni in Romania, Goetting and LTi 46ers in Germany and Namika Lahti in Finland before joining the Italian team Novipiu Casale in 2010.
- Named the 2011 Italian League MVP and played the 2012 Italian All Star Game.
- Played college ball for four years at UNC-Greensboro (2003-07).
- Played two seasons at UCLA, averaging 10.3 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 59 collegiate games. Earned Pac-10 All-Freshman Team honors in 2010 and All-Pac-10 First Team honors in 2011.
- Drafted by Sacramento with the 35th overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft.
- Played two seasons with the Kings, appearing in 24 NBA games and averaging 1.2 points and 1.0 rebounds per contest.
- Traded to Houston along with Francisco Garcia and Thomas Robinson on Feb. 20, but was waived by the Rockets before appearing in a game.
- Has also appeared in 25 NBA D-League games for both Reno and Rio Grande, averaging 8.6 points and 5.6 rebounds per contest.
|North Carolina State||2/5/88||6'9"||230 lbs||Forward|
- In two seasons with the NBA D-League’s Springfield Armor (2011-13), averaged 14.2 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- A 2012 NBA D-League Third Team selection.
- Appeared in eight games for the Nets during the 2011-12 campaign.
- His 8.5 rebounds per game during the 2011-12 season tied for sixth-most among active D-League players.
- Spent time on the rosters of Omonia BC (Cyprus) and the Artland Dragons (Germany).
|Cleveland State||3/5/86||6'3"||190 lbs||Guard|
- Played for the NZ Breakers for two seasons (2011-13) and was named the 2013 Australian NBL regular season and finals MVP. Played in the Australian NBL All-Star Game in 2013.
- In 2009-10, played in 12 games for three NBA teams – Cleveland, San Antonio and Washington – and averaged 1.7 points, 0.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.
- Played in the NBA D-League from 2009-11 with the Erie Bayhawks and Idaho Stampede, where he averaged 14.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 7.3 assists per game. Jackson participated in the D-League All-Star Game in 2011.
- Spent two years at St. John’s for college before transferring to Cleveland State after the 2006 season. He competed for Cleveland State from 2007-09
- Spent the 2012-13 season with the NBA D-League’s Austin Toros, appearing in 48 games and making 34 starts.
- Averaged 10.8 points and 10.0 rebounds per game with the Toros.
- Grabbed a career-high 25 rebounds on Jan. 27 against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. His 479 total rebounds were the second-most in the D-League last season.
- Attended Syracuse, where he was the 2011 Big East Defensive Player of the Year, a Second Team All-Conference selection and an AP Honorable Mention All-American his senior season.
- Played four seasons at Texas, averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 rebounds per game throughout his collegiate career.
- Selected by Atlanta with the 24th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft before being traded to the New Jersey Nets.
- Appeared in 34 career NBA games with New Jersey/Brooklyn, with averages of 4.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.
- Spent the 2012-13 season with the NBA D-League’s Bakersfield Jam, where he averaged 15.8 points and 8.2 rebounds in 44 games.
- A 2013 D-League All-Star and All-NBA D-League Second Team honoree.
|South Florida||10/15/88||6'4"||215 lbs||Guard|
- Named First Team All-Big East after averaging 21.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.6 assists in his third and final season at South Florida in 2010.
- Selected by Memphis with the 25th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft before being moved to Dallas in a draft-night trade.
- Spent each of the last three NBA seasons with the Mavericks, averaging 3.1 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 80 career appearances.
- Assigned to the D-League during each of his three NBA seasons, where he appeared in 22 games with the Texas Legends and Springfield Armor. Posted D-League averages of 16.8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.6 assists per contest.
|Ohio State||5/27/88||6'6"||216 lbs||Guard|
- Spent the 2012-13 season with Nanterre (France), averaging 12.5 points per game in 35 contests.
- Scored a game-high 21 points and was named the playoffs MVP after leading Nanterre to the French ProA championship with an 83-77 victory over Strasbourg on June 8.
- Averaged 12.1 points, 3.3 assists and 1.5 steals in his final season at Ohio State en route to earning 2011 All-Big Ten Second Team, All-Big Ten Defensive Team and NABC District 7 Second Team honors.
- Spent the past two seasons with the TBB Trier (Germany), averaging 12.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in the 2012-13 campaign.
- Appeared in 47 games (41 starts), averaging 10.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game in one season with the NBA D-League’s Erie BayHawks (2010-11).
- His 80 steals in the 2010-11 season tied for fifth most in the D-League.
- Also a member of Furstenfeld (Austria) and Dublin (USA-Eurobasket).
|Wichita State/Israel||3/4/88||6'4"||200 lbs||Guard|
- Played the 2012-13 season with Maccabi Haifa and averaged 13.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game.
- Spent 2011-12 with Benetton Treviso in Italy’s top division and recorded 6.3 points and 3.7 assists per game.
- Prior to Italy, Mekel played three seasons for Gilboa Galil from 2008-2010 with total averages of 9.1 points and 4.3 assists.
- In 2009-10, Mekel led Galil to their second Israeli league championship. In his three seasons with Galil, the team reached the Final Four three times and earned two Finals appearances.
- He earned several awards during his time with Galil, including being named Israeli Newcomer of the Year (2008-09) and league MVP (2010-11).
- Played college ball for Wichita State from 2006-08.
- Selected by the Minnesota Timberwolves with the 56th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft before having his rights sent to the Washington Wizards as part of a draft-night trade. Appeared in 19 games for Washington between 2010-12.
- Also saw action with the NBA D-League’s Iowa Energy and Maine Red Claws during the 2011-12 season.
- Part of the Sacramento Kings’ 2012 training camp roster before concluding the season with China’s TianJin Steel where he averaged 11.1 points, 8.9 rebounds and 3.9 blocks per game.
- The 2010 Big East Defensive Player of the Year, set Rutgers all-time blocks mark with 358 career rejections.
- Spent four seasons at Clemson before going undrafted in the 2009 NBA Draft.
- Named to the All-ACC Second Team in 2008 and an All-ACC Honorable Mention honoree in 2009.
- Has played professionally in Europe for the last four seasons, including stints in Italy, France and Russia.
- Spent the 2012-13 season with Khimky in the Russian League, where he led his squad to the VTB United League semifinals.
- Selected by the Atlanta Hawks with the 31st overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft.
- Appeared in 157 career games for the Hawks, averaging 8.0 points per game.
- Spent the 2010-11 season in the NBA D-League, seeing action with the Reno Bighorns and Idaho Stampede. In 42 contests, he averaged 9.9 points and 2.1 assists per game.
- Most recently has seen action with Guaros De Lara (Venezuela), appearing in four games and averaging 8.8 points per game in 2013.
- While playing collegiately at Arizona, was a two-time Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 honoree (2003, 2004) and a Second Team AP All-American selection (2004).
|Central Florida||12/8/86||6'4"||210 lbs||Guard|
- Averaged 16.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1.4 assists during his four-year career at Central Florida, including 26.2 points per game as a senior in 2008-09 en route to earning Conference USA Player of the Year honors.
- Selected with the 32nd overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft by the Washington Wizards, who later dealt the pick to Houston.
- Appeared in 65 games with Houston and Sacramento during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons, averaging 5.4 points per game.
- Also completed three separate stints in the NBA D-League with Rio Grande and Maine, where he averaged 18.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 30 appearances.
- Spent parts of the 2012-13 season playing professionally in Spain, Israel and China.
- Played two seasons at Mississippi, where he averaged 14.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 66 games.
- Named the SEC Newcomer of the Year in 2009.
- Selected by Detroit with the 36th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, but suffered a fractured foot in his first preseason game and missed the entire 2010-11 season.
- Assigned to the Idaho Stampede (D-League) in 2011-12, where he averaged 13.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 18 games before the Pistons released him.
- Spent the 2012-13 season playing professionally in Serbia, where he averaged 14.4 points per game and was named to the All-Adriatic League Second Team.
- In 2012-13, Wright played for the Iowa Energy of the NBA D-League. He was also signed to a 10-day contract by the Mavericks, playing in three games for Dallas, and returned to the Energy when the contract was up. He averaged 15.7 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game and 7.0 assists per game with Iowa.
- After playing college basketball for four years at Georgetown, he got his first professional experience with Odin Edirne (Turkey) in 2011-12, averaging 12.7 points per game, 2.9 rebounds per game and 4.1 assists per game in Turkish League play.
- He was selected to the D-League All-Star Game in 2013 and was also named All-D-League Honorable mention that same season by USBasket.com.
- Wright was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis while playing for Olin Edirne in 2012, but has continued to play basketball while successfully keeping the disease under control.