What 2 Watch 4 - Trail Blazers Vs. Pistons
LaMarcus Aldridge vs. Greg Monroe
The What To Watch For from last night's game pitting Trail Blazers center Robin Lopez versus Sixers center Spencer Hawes focused on the contrast in offensive styles between the two players. And for tonight's game against the Pistons we once again look at two players, power forwards LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Monroe, who do their scoring in very different ways.
Monroe's offensive is predicated on being close to the basket. Of his 282 field goal attempts this season, 190 have been taken less than five feet from the basket. Aldridge gets a fair share of his shots from that region as well, taking 128 of his 474 attempts this season from the less than five foot range. But Aldridge has taken the most of his shots, 166 to be exact, from the 15 to 19 foot range, whereas Monroe has taken just 32 shots and made only nine of those from the same range.
• Named NBA Western Conference Player of the Week twice over the past three weeks (Nov. 18-24, Dec. 2-8)
• Has moved up to fifth in rebounds per game with 10.8 and is eighth in scoring at 23.4 points per game
• Ranked sixth in the league in double double with 12 and has put up double figures in both scoring and rebounding in six of his last seven games
• Currently ranked ninth among NBA power forwards in shooting percentage at 51 percent
• Tied for 11th with Tim Duncan in rebounds per game among power forwards with 8.8
• Is averaging 25.0 points on 58 percent shooting and 10.5 rebounds in his last two games