What 2 Watch 4 - Trail Blazers Vs. Clippers
Robin Lopez vs. DeAndre Jordan
The Portland Trail Blazers are in Los Angeles for their final game before the All-Star break versus the Clippers at Staples Center. And while there are four players -- Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin and Damian Lillard -- who will be representing their respective teams in New Orleans as Western Conference All-Stars, we look to two players, Robin Lopez and DeAndre Jordan, who will be taking in the festivities from home for tonight's What 2 Watch 4.
Lopez and Jordan might both be seven-feet tall, but they play very different styles of basketball. Jordan relies on his uncommon athleticism to get his points finishing at the rim on offense while making plays from the weakside on defense. In contrast, Lopez uses his size to fight for position under the basket for putback while also mixing in jumpers near the basket. And while Lopez is certainly capable of block shots, he's more likely to defend the rim with verticality rather than elevation.
There might not be a better example of the differences between Lopez and Jordan than their foul shooting. Jordan is one of the worst foul shooters in the NBA at 43 percent, while Lopez is a great shooter for a seven-footer at 79 percent form the line.
• Logged his 19th double-double of the season, with 17 points and 14 rebounds in Tuesday night's loss to the Thunder at the Moda Center
• Recorded at least 11 rebounds in three consecutive games for the second time in his career (April 12-17, 2013).
• Is fourth in the league in offensive rebounding with 4.0 per game
• First in the NBA in total rebounds per game (14.1) and second in both offensive rebounds per game (4.2) and defense rebounds (9.9)
• Fourth in block per game at 2.4 per game in 35.9 minutes
• First in the NBA in dunks with 149, which accounts for 69 percent of his made field goals this season