What 2 Watch 4 - Trail Blazers Vs. Celtics
November 15, 2013
Wesley Matthews vs. Jordan Crawford
No team in the league underwent more changes this offseason than the Boston Celtics. Kevin Garnett and Paul Piece were traded to the Brooklyn Nets while Rajon Rondo continues to rehab after rupturing his ACL last season. Brad Stevens joined the Celtics as a first-year NBA head coach after cutting his teeth with the Butler Bulldogs. The rebuild is fully underway in Bean Town
But the Celtics are playing hard and getting good production from role players turned starters like Jordan Crawford. Trail Blazers fans may remember it was Crawford who hit a 30-foot fadeaway buzzer beater to give the Wizards a 98-95 victory over the Trail Blazers last season at the Moda Center.But in tonight's matchup of shooting guards, it's Wesley Matthews who enters the contest as one of the best shooters of this young NBA season. Matthews is currently shooting 54 percent from the field and 51 percent from three. If he shoots those percentages against Crawford and the Celtics, expect to see the Trail Blazers get their first victory in Boston since March 31, 2004.
• Matthews' 66 percent effective field goal percentage is third-best in NBA among guards who have played at least five games.
• Matthews is shooting a blistering 75 percent on right side corner threes and 56 percent on left side corner threes.
• Four the fourth-straight season, Matthews has partnered with Fred Meyer to host a coat drive benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of the Portland Metro Area.
• Appeared in seven games for the C’s during preseason and averaged 7.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 22.2 minutes per game.
• Earned his first start of the season against Utah on Nov. 6 and responded with seven points, two rebounds, four assists and a block in 26:57
• Recorded his first double-double of the season with 16 points and 10 assists against Orlando on Nov. 11.