What 2 Watch 4 - Trail Blazers Vs. Cavaliers
Damian Lillard vs. Kyrie Irving
After Kyrie Irving got the best of Damian Lillard at the Team USA mini-camp scrimmage last summer in Las Vegas, some wondered if there was a budding rivalry between the two point guards.
That's not really the case, at least as far as Lillard is concerned, though there is certainly a mutual respect. It's understandable for fans and media to focus on the matchup seeing as how they're two of the NBA's up-and-coming point guards, and Lillard himself says it's always exciting to play against the best, but at the end of the day, it's about getting out of Cleveland with another road win.
"I think the biggest thing is it's not one-on-one, but it's always fun when you're playing against a top point guard in the league that he is," said Lillard. "I'm looking forward to it, it'll be fun. But we've been winning a lot of games and that's been the most fun thing to me. My main focus is trying to win another one."
• Is third in the NBA in three-pointers made with 68 behind Golden State's backcourt of Klay Thompson (81) and Stephen (73) Curry and directly ahead of his teammate Wesley Matthews (64)
• At 20.1 point per game, Lillard is ranked fourth in scoring among point guards
• After hitting the game winner with 0.1 seconds to play in overtime Sunday night against the Pistons, Lillard is now 15 of 19 from the field for his career after regulation
• Was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week after averaging 29.0 points, 6.3 assists and 2.3 steal in Cleveland's last three games
• Is ranked third in point among points guards at 20.9 per game, just 0.8 points more than Lillard
• Finished with 31 points, five assists, four steals and three rebounds in Cleveland's 93-88 victory against the Trail Blazers in the last game between the two teams on Jan. 16, 2013