What 2 Watch 4 - Trail Blazers Vs. Bucks
November 19, 2013
Nicolas Batum vs. Giannis Antetokounmpo
Squint your eyes while looking at Bucks rookie forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and you might think you've been transported six years into the past, when a young Frenchman named Nicolas Batum was drafted by the Rockets and then traded to the Trail Blazers.
The similarities between Anteokounmpo this season and Batum in his rookie season are striking. While Anteokounmpo is more muscular than Batum was when he entered the league, both are long armed, do a little bit of everything forwards who many assumed would have a hard time adjusting to the NBA before showing almost immediately that they were ready to play right away. Anteokounmpo isn't starting like Batum did his rookie season, but he could very well end up in the starting lineup by season ends. Oh, and their birthdays are only two days apart.
Batum is undoubtably the better player at this point, so tonight's matchup between the two about setting a baseline for future comparisons.
• Ranked first among small forwards in three-pointers made with 25
• Ranked 10th in the league in distance traveled in miles per game at 2.6
• Averaging 4.9 assists per game, fourth-best among small forwards
• Drafted with the fifteenth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft
• Averaging 4.6 points on 50 percent shooting and 2.4 rebounds in 14.6 minutes per game
• Is currently the youngest player in the NBA at 18 years, 11 months and four days