By The Numbers - February 2014
STATS, MILESTONES, RECORDS
- Six Trail Blazers averaged double figures in scoring (Lillard, Aldridge, Matthews, Batum, Lopez, Williams) and two others averaged at least seven points (Barton, McCollum) February.
- Robin Lopez averaged a double-double (11.2 points, 10.3 rebounds) during the month, and he ranks fourth in the NBA with 2.58 blocks/game.
- Damian Lillard’s 23.6 points per game ranks tied for eighth in the month of February.
- Portland’s 44-point win (124-80) vs. Brooklyn on Feb. 26 ranks among the top 10 margins of victory in team history (T-8th).
- Damian Lillard recorded four straight games of 28+ points and 5+ assists from Feb. 19-25, joining Kevin Durant and LeBron James as the only NBA players to do so all season.
- Robin Lopez set a new career high when he blocked seven shots at Denver on Feb. 25
- Thomas Robinson became the only NBA player this year to record 18 rebounds (a new career high) and seven offensive rebounds off the bench Feb. 23 vs. Minnesota.
- Portland’s streak of 53 games with the same starting lineup ended on Feb. 19 as the longest such streak to begin a season since 2010-11 (San Antonio).
- LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard became the seventh pair of Trail Blazers teammates to appear in the same NBA All-Star Game.
- Damian Lillard became the first Trail Blazer to ever make three 3-pointers in an NBA All-Star Game.
- The Trail Blazers hit the All-Star break with the fourth-most wins in team history (36).
- Wesley Matthews became only the ninth NBA player to ever make a 3-pointer in at least 48 of his team’s first 50 games of a season.
- LaMarcus Aldridge became the first player in Trail Blazers history to score in double figures in each of Portland’s first 50 games of a season.
- Damian Lillard set a record for most 3-pointers made by an NBA player in his first two seasons in the league (he now has 348).