Notes & Quotes: Trail Blazers 110, Clippers 104
April 16, 2014
• Portland's 54 wins are tied for sixth-most in franchise history and the most since 2008-09 (also 54).
• Portland's five-game winning streak to end the regular season is tied with Memphis for longest in the NBA. Portland recorded five winning streaks of at least five games this year, most since the 1990-91 season (also five). The Trail Blazers won nine of their last 10 games overall this year.
• Four players started all 82 games for the Trail Blazers (Batum, Lillard, Lopez, Matthews) for the first time in team history. Portland is the first NBA team to have four players start 82 games since the L.A. Lakers (Bryant, Fisher, Gasol, World Peace) in 2010-11 (Elias).
• The Trail Blazers used only two different starting lineups this season, the fewest in any season in team history.
• The Trail Blazers finish the season with an 81.5% mark from the free throw line, best in the NBA and a franchise record (80.4%, 2010-11). Portland's 81.5% free throw shooting stands as the 14th-best mark by any team in NBA history.
• Portland's 770 3-pointers made this season are a franchise record and the 14th-most by any team in league history.
• The Trail Blazers led the NBA in total rebounds (3,808) for the second time in team history (1989-90).
• LaMarcus Aldridge is the first Trail Blazer in franchise history to finish among the NBA's top 10 scorers in three straight seasons. Aldridge joins Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant and LeBron James as the only players to rank in the Top 10 in scoring each of the last three years.
• LaMarcus Aldridge joins Sidney Wicks (1971-72) as the only Trail Blazers to average at least 23 points and 11 rebounds in a season. He is the only Trail Blazer to finish on the NBA's Top 10 list for scoring and rebounding, and he accomplished both this season.
• The only players with more points (3,257) and assists (988) than Damian Lillard in their first two NBA seasons are Oscar Robertson, Tiny Archibald, Allen Iverson and L.eBron James.
• Damian Lillard is one of seven players to start all 164 games in his first two seasons in the last 35 years (Larry Bird, Buck Williams, Ralph Sampson, Clarence Weatherspoon, Andre Iguodala, O.J. Mayo).
• Robin Lopez set a new franchise record with 326 offensive rebounds this season (325-Chris Dudley, Kermit Washington).
• Nicolas Batum is the second player in NBA history with 600+ rebounds, 400+ assists and 145+ 3-pointers in a season (Antoine Walker, twice).
• With his first 3-pointer tonight, Wesley Matthews became the fifth player in the NBA this season with 200+ 3-pointers.
• Damian Lillard and Wesley Matthews became the third pair of teammates in NBA history with 200+ 3-pointers in a season (Pierce/Walker – Boston, 2001-02; Curry/Thompson – Golden State, 2012-13/2013-14).
• Will Barton set a new career high tonight with 23 points (22, April 7, 2013 vs. Dallas). The game marks his third career 20-point game.
• Portland grabbed a season-high 65 rebounds (60, Dec. 26 vs. LA Clippers) and 24 offensive rebounds tonight (22, March 9 at Houston).