Kia Seats for Service honors Military families, the unsung heroes of our men and women currently serving our country.
|January 23, 2014: The Vanmourik Family|
|The Vanmourik family is a dual service family. Jenn has been enlisted since 2010 and is currently stationed at the presidio in Monterey, California attending the Defense Language Institute for Korea where she’ll work in intelligence. |
Her husband, Jason is currently active duty for the Oregon National Guard and is caring for their four children, Justin, Julianna, James, and Jonathan. Jason was deployed in 2003 in support of operation Iraqi Freedom.
During an in game presentation, Neal Ferdig, District Parts and Service Manager, Kia Motors America presented the family with $500. Thank you Vanmourik Family, courtesy of Kia.
|January 28, 2014: The Mininger Family|
|Staff Sergeant, Norman Mininger, has been enlisted with the United States Army since 2004. He is currently serving as a Fort Carson, Colorado Military Justice Non-Commissioned Officer. Sargent Mininger invited his cousin Ron, Ron’s wife Carolyn, and their son Aiden, his Uncle Dave, his Aunt Sandee, sister Thera, nephews Kaleb and Cameron, and family friend Mark to the game.|
Rachel Smith, GM of Dick Hannah Kia, presented Ron with a check for $500. Thank you to Sargent Mininger’s family and forends for your service, courtesy of Kia.
|March 3, 2014: The Furukawa Family|
During the March 3 game, we honored Sergeant First Class Glenn Furukawa. Sergeant Furukawa has been deployed multiple times including trips to Iraq, Kuwait and most recently to Afghanistan. Glenn and his wife, Sandy, reside in Alabama but Glenn’s mom, Sharon Wagner, and sisters live here in Oregon. Michael Khoda, District Sales Manager for Kia presented $500 to Sharon to thank their family for their service. That wasn’t the only surprise. Sergeant Furukawa appeared from behind a curtain and surprised his mom, who he hasn’t seen for nearly a year and half. For the full story, pictures and surprise moment check out the links.
March 5, 2014: The Huson Family
|Chief Warrant Officer 2 Steve Huson deployed March 2013 with C7-158 Aviation. They are a medevac unit out of Salem Oregon. He is currently stationed at Fort Lewis recovering from injuries sustained in Kosovo. His wife Heather and their three children Ella, Ryker and Halle as well as nieces and nephews were invited to the game. Blazer Dancers presented Heather with a $500 check to thank for his service, courtesy of Kia.|
To find out more about Kia Seats for Service click here.
Military Specialty Incentive Program on the purchase of a Kia!
- - Program Period: April 1 - May 4, 2014
- - Incentive Amount: $400
- - Eligible Vehicles: All 2013 (excluding Forte 4DR/5DR, Forte Koup, Sorento and Soul), 2014, and 2015 Models
- - Requirements: To be eligible for this program, customers must be members in Active Duty, honorably discharged from, retired from, or on disability with the United States Armed Forces (including Reservists). Additionally, the spouse of those individuals is also eligible for this program. The eligible customer must be able to provide one of the following: a current Earnings Statement, a copy of honorable discharge papers or certificate, a bank statement indicating a pension or disability earnings from the United States Armed Forces or an official document indicating future pension eligibility. This includes those that have “national” status from another country and are serving in the United States military. KMA reserves the right to cancel, amend or revoke any incentive, bonus, contest, or other special program at any time.
- - Military ID of any type is not acceptable as proof of eligibility
- - The Military Incentive Program is not available to dependents, other than spouse, of the member of the United States Armed Forces.