BlazerDancer auditions will be held on July 19 & 20
BlazerDancer auditions will be held on July 19th & 20th at Portland Community College (PCC) Sylvania Campus. Registration will begin at 8:30am on Saturday, July 19th.
- Pre – Audition Workshop (optional) – Sunday, June 22nd @ LA Fitness – Lloyd Center
- Preliminary Rounds July 19th – 20th, 2014 at Portland Community College (PCC) Sylvania Campus – Health Technology (HT) Building
- Finalist Interviews July 22 - 24 at the Moda Center
- Final Round on Friday, July 25, 2014
Saturday, July 19th: Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Auditions to immediately follow registration.
Sunday, July 20th: Dancers report at 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, July 22nd – Thursday, July 24th: Finalist Interview times TBD
Friday, July 25: Dancers report for The Finals at approximately 5:00pm.
Portland Community College (PCC) Sylvania Campus
Health Technology (HT) Building
12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97219
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2014
- BlazerDancers must attend all practices, games, training camps and mandatory Portland Trail Blazers events. BlazerDancer duties include community service events, appearances and photo shoots.
- Must be able to attend practices every Thursday and Sunday evening (beginning in mid-August; times TBD). Additional practices may be added throughout the season.
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games, appearances, etc.
- Must meet and maintain personal appearance, fitness level, and dancing skill requirements throughout the season.
- Must abide by the other Terms and Conditions included with application materials.
What to wear to auditions:
A two-piece dance outfit (flesh-colored tights are permitted). Mid-section and legs must be exposed. No baggy clothing other than during the hip hop round. You may wear loose fitting pants or sweats for the hip hop routine during the pre lims. You may wear any kind of dance shoe, sneakers or perform barefoot. Please make sure shoes have non-marking soles.
Game-night ready hair and make-up are expected. Hair must be down. No pony tails.
What to bring to auditions:
- In the interest of time, we encourage participants to bring their completed and signed application and waiver forms. Applicants under the age of 18 at the time of auditions must have a parent or guardian sign the forms.
- A current head shot photo as well as full body photo of yourself (at least 4x6; does not need to be professional but must be clear and contain only the audition participant). Photos are used for identification purposes and will not be returned.
- $15 registration fee (cash only).
- Snacks, water, make-up or hair products for touch ups. Please note that there is no extended lunch break.
What to expect at auditions:
Preliminary round auditions are closed and spectators will not be allowed in the gymnasium. Score sheets and judges’ comments will not be made available. The Final Round is open to spectators and participants will receive a limited number of tickets for friends and family. Portions of auditions are expected to be filmed for www.trailblazers.com.
During the preliminary rounds, dancers will learn at least three routines and perform them in small groups in front of a panel of judges. The judges will make cuts after each routine. Approximately 35-40 finalists will be selected at the end of the Preliminary Rounds to continue on to the Finals on July 27th. Dancers who make it to the Final Round will learn at least two routines to perform and will be required to perform a 1-minute solo routine showcasing their dance ability and personality. Finalists will also be required to come in for interviews July 22nd, 23rd or 24th.
Pre – Audition Workshop:
The Workshop will be held on Sunday, June 22nd from 1:00 – 5:00 pm LA Fitness – Lloyd Center (1270 NE Weidler Street Portland, OR 97232 - (503)734.2950) Dancers will have the opportunity to participate in a mock-audition; learning two short routines in the style of dance that will be taught at auditions and receiving feedback after performances.
- Participation in this Workshop will give you an automatic bid to the 2nd Round of Auditions
- Workshop will feature:
- Q & A session with BlazerDancers Coach and current dancers
- Audition Tips on performances, outfit selection, hair and make-up, what to expect, etc.
- $25 registration fee (cash only)
- Pre-register by emailing email@example.com
Please download and sign the following forms and bring them to the audition: