NEW YORK – Stephen Curry and the 2018 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors secured the top spots on the NBA’s most popular jersey and team merchandise lists, respectively, based on overall sales on NBAStore.com from April through June.
Rounding out the top five among most popular jerseys are the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James (No. 2), the Boston Celtics’ Kyrie Irving (No. 3), the Warriors’ Kevin Durant (No. 4) and the Philadelphia 76ers’ Ben Simmons (No. 5).
On the team merchandise list, the Warriors are followed by the Cavaliers at No. 2, Celtics at No. 3, 76ers at No. 4 and Houston Rockets at No. 5.
· Irving (No. 3), Simmons (No. 5) and the Rockets’ James Harden (No. 6) earn their highest rankings.
· The Celtics’ Jayson Tatum (No. 7) and Toronto Raptors’ DeMar DeRozan (No. 14) debut on the most popular jerseys list.
· The New Orleans Pelicans’ Anthony Davis (No. 15) reappears for the first time since the 2015-16 season.
· The Celtics place No. 3 on the team merchandise list, their first time in the top three since the end of the 2010-11 season.
· The Rockets crack the top five in team merchandise sales, a position they last held during the 2004-05 season.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
4. Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
5. Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
6. James Harden, Houston Rockets
7. Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
8. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
9. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
10. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
11. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
12. Chris Paul, Houston Rockets
13. Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
14. DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
15. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Golden State Warriors
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Philadelphia 76ers
5. Houston Rockets
6. Los Angeles Lakers
7. Chicago Bulls
8. Toronto Raptors
9. Oklahoma City Thunder
10. Milwaukee Bucks