* Tonight on ESPN: 2018 NBA Draft Lottery (7:30 p.m. ET)
NEW YORK – Five ties among teams that finished the 2017-18 NBA regular season with identical records were broken today through random drawings to determine the order of selection for NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm.
The drawings were conducted by NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Kiki VanDeWeghe at the St. Regis Hotel in New York and broadcast live on NBA TV. The tiebreaker process was overseen by Darrington Hobson, a representative from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.
The results of the drawings:
- Dallas (24-58) won a tiebreaker with Atlanta.
- Chicago (27-55) won a tiebreaker with Sacramento.
- Miami (44-38) won a tiebreaker with Milwaukee.
- San Antonio (47-35) won a tiebreaker with Minnesota.
- Oklahoma City (48-34) won a tiebreaker with Indiana, New Orleans and Utah. Second, third and fourth place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Utah, New Orleans and Indiana, respectively.
NBA Draft Lottery 2018 presented by State Farm will be held on Tuesday, May 15 in Chicago. NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm will take place on Thursday, June 21 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Below is the order of selection for NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm and the number of chances for teams in NBA Draft Lottery 2018 presented by State Farm.
2018 FIRST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
Drawings will be conducted at NBA Draft Lottery 2018 presented by State Farm to determine the first three picks in NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm. The remainder of the “lottery teams” will select in positions 4 through 14 in inverse order of their 2017-18 regular-season records. The teams entered in the lottery are as follows, with their chances of winning the lottery out of 1,000:
Team Record Win% Lottery Chances
Phoenix 21-61 .256 250
Memphis 22-60 .268 199
Dallas 24-58 .293 138
Atlanta 24-58 .293 137
Orlando 25-57 .305 88
Chicago 27-55 .329 53
Sacramento 27-55 .329 53
Brooklyn 28-54 .341 28
(to Cleveland via Boston)
New York 29-53 .354 17
LA Lakers 35-47 .427 11
(to Boston or to Philadelphia)*
Charlotte 36-46 .439 8
Detroit** 39-43 .476 7
LA Clippers 42-40 .512 6
Denver 46-36 .561 5
* This pick will be conveyed to Boston via Philadelphia via Phoenix or to Philadelphia via Phoenix.
** This pick may be conveyed to LA Clippers.
2018 SECOND ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
36./37. Chicago (to New York via Oklahoma City)
38. Brooklyn (to Philadelphia)
39. New York (to Philadelphia)
40. Los Angeles Lakers (to Brooklyn via Toronto via Orlando)
41. Charlotte (to Orlando via Phoenix via Memphis)
43. LA Clippers (to Denver via New York via Philadelphia)
45. Milwaukee (to Brooklyn)
46. Miami (to Houston via Memphis)
47. Denver (to Los Angeles Lakers via Chicago via Utah)
49. San Antonio
51. New Orleans
53. Oklahoma City
54. Portland (to Dallas via Denver)
55. Cleveland (to Charlotte via Brooklyn via Philadelphia
57. Boston (to Oklahoma City)
58. Golden State (to Denver)
59. Toronto (to Phoenix)
60. Houston (to Philadelphia)
Note: Teams that finished the regular season with identical records will select in the second round in inverse order of the order in which they select in the first round. With respect to ties between lottery teams: Since the order of selection in the first round for these sets of teams may change based on the results of the Draft Lottery, the order of selection in the second round cannot be determined until after the Draft Lottery is conducted on May 15.
Originally published Apr 13, 2018 9:47 PM ET