(Last week’s record in parenthesis; last week’s ranking in brackets)
1) Houston (4-0) : Clint Capela posts okay Offensive Rating of 143 (!) in Rockets’ rout of San Antonio last Friday.
2) Golden State (2-0) : Given the Warriors’ dominance the past few years, their current Net Rating of 12.7 -- which would be higher than any other single-season Net in franchise history -- is all the more impressive.
3) Cleveland (4-0) : Three straight triple-doubles for LeBron, and the Cavs have a tidy little 17 wins in 18 games streak going.
4) Boston (2-2) : Shane Larkin the latest to give Cs a boost off the bench.
5) Toronto (3-1) : Just one loss in 12 games at home after Sunday’s win over Sacramento.
6) San Antonio (1-2) :He’s 40 years old.
7) Milwaukee (0-3) : Hard to beat anyone giving up 115 a game. Why is this defense so poor?
8) Minnesota (1-2) : How does a team beat Philly and lose to Phoenix in the same week?
9) Denver (2-1) : Torrey Craig is the winner of the trivia question, “Starter in an NBA game or Olympic silver medalist at the 1994 Winter Games?”
10) Detroit (3-1) : Reggie Bullock takes over for Stanley Johnson at small forward.
11) Washington (2-2) : After loss to Cleveland Sunday, Wizards have already lost six times at home this season after going 31-10 at what is now Capital One Arena last season.
12) Indiana (1-2) : Indianapolis knows how to host big events, so getting the 2021 All-Star Game shouldn’t be above the city’s capabilities.
13) Portland (3-1) : Evan Turner’s insertion into the starting lineup may not be the sole catalyst, but it coincides with the Blazers’ significant improvement on D in back-to-back-to-back road wins.
14) New York (3-0) [NR]: Oh, sure, we all had the Knicks smoking OKC in Carmelo’s return without the Unicorn and with Michael Beasley and Jarrett Jack in the starting lineup.
15) New Orleans (1-2) : 28th in the league in turnovers; that has to change.
Dropped out: Philadelphia 
* * *
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting.