All-digital program offers fan voting via Google Search for the first time
POSTED: Dec 10, 2015 2:19 PM ET
TORONTO — The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Verizon will tip off NBA All-Star Voting 2016 today at 2 p.m. ET. The all-digital program gives fans everywhere the opportunity to vote for their favorite players as starters for NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto, the first All-Star Game to be held outside of the U.S. in the event's 65-year history.
New to the voting program this year, NBA fans are now able to cast their daily votes directly through Google Search on their desktop, tablet and mobile devices. They can also vote on NBA.com, through the NBA App (available on Android and iOS), SMS text, and social media networks including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as via Sina Weibo and Tencent Microblogs in China.
All current NBA players are available for selection. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters via NBA.com or the NBA App.
• NBA.com voting page at NBA.com/vote: Fill out one full ballot per day on NBA.com/vote from a desktop or mobile browser.
• NBA App: Access the ballot and vote through the app, which is available on Android and iOS. Fans can fill out one full ballot per day.
• Twitter: Tweet, retweet or reply with the player's first and last name, along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE. Each Tweet may include only one player's name. Fans can vote for 10 unique players each day throughout the All-Star voting period.
• Facebook: Use player's first and last name along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE in a post on your personal Facebook account, or comment on another's Facebook post. Fans can post votes for 10 unique players per day and each vote may contain only one player's name.
• Instagram: Post an original photo, with the hashtag #NBAVOTE and the player's first and last name in the photo caption. Fans can vote for 10 unique players per day, and each vote may contain only one player's name.
• SMS: Text the player's last name to 6-9-6-2-2 ("MYNBA") on any wireless device. Fans can vote for 10 different players per day, per phone number, via SMS voting by sending 10 separate SMS messages, each one with a different player's last name. Message and data rates may apply.
• Google Search: Search "NBA Vote All-Star" or "NBA Vote Team Name" (ex: NBA Vote Celtics), and use respective team cards to select players. Voters can submit one vote per player per day, with up to 10 total votes per day.
Voting will conclude on Monday, Jan. 18, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Starters will be announced live on TNT on Thursday, Jan. 21, during a special one-hour edition of TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader.com at 7 p.m. ET, featuring Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kenny Smith. The special will air prior to TNT's exclusive doubleheader featuring the L.A. Clippers at the Cleveland Cavaliers (8 p.m. ET) and the San Antonio Spurs at the Phoenix Suns (10:30 p.m. ET).
Other balloting updates will be shared:
• Friday, Dec. 25
• Thursday, Jan. 7
• Thursday, Jan. 14
About NBA All-Star 2016
NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league's history for a global celebration of the game. The 65th NBA All-Star Game, which will take place Sunday, Feb. 14 at Air Canada Centre, will reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages. TNT will televise the All-Star Game in the U.S. for the 14th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 31st year of All-Star coverage. The Air Canada Centre will also host the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, Feb. 12 and State Farm All-Star Saturday Night on Saturday, Feb. 13. Other events at NBA All-Star 2016 include the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game and the NBA Development League All-Star Game presented by Kumho Tire.