NBA.com news services
Posted Feb 2, 2014 12:42 PM
• It is unclear whether Gerald Wallace will be active for the Celtics today. He was back at home in Alabama due to a death in the family for the past few days before taking a flight back to Boston this morning. While Wallace arrived at the Garden in time for the game, Brad Stevens said he didn't know whether the veteran forward would play.
• Avery Bradley will play for the first time in nearly two weeks today. The shooting guard was sidelined for the stretch by a sprained right ankle suffered against Miami on Jan. 21. Stevens told reporters before the game Bradley would be back in the starting lineup alongside Rondo and wouldn't have a minutes restriction. The Celtics went 1-4 with the fourth-year guard out of the lineup.
• Rondo will be back in the lineup for the Celtics today after sitting out Wednesday's game against Philadelphia to rest his knee on the second half of a back-to-back. Bradley spoke fondly about the opportunity to get back into the lineup with Boston's captain. "He's a great point guard. I'm pretty sure everyone on this team loves playing with him. I just can't wait until I get back on the court with him," Bradley said.
• Jameer Nelson did not make the trip to Boston with the Magic. He suffered a left knee injury in Orlando's win for the Bucks on Friday night. Look for rookie Victor Oladipo to handle the majority of the team's point guard duties with Nelson out.
• A member of the Celtics played an entertaining prank on Bradley before the game. Bradley is a Seattle native and a big Seahawks fan. In preparation for the game, he kept a Seahawks hat in his locker. In preparation for tonight's Super Bowl, someone taped over the Seahawks logo and wrote out "Broncos" on Bradley's hat.
-- Brian Robb
|Mitchell Give-And Go|
Tony Mitchell recovers the steal and throws it down on the give-and go.
|2013-14 All-NBA Top Games: Kevin Durant|
On January 21, Kevin Durant went off for 46 points against the Blazers.
|Caldwell Jones Dies At 64 |
The NBA TV family mourns the loss of former NBA player Caldwell Jones who died at the age of 64. He played three ABA seasons and then 14 in the NBA with the 76ers, Rockets, Bulls, Trail Blazers and Spurs.
|Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown 2014: San Fran Runner-Up|
Check out the 2nd place winner in San Fran's 2014 Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown competition.
|Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown 2014: Sacramento Runner-Up|
Check out the 2nd place winner in Sacramento's 2014 Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown competition.