NBA.com news services
Posted Jan 24, 2014 6:52 PM
• The Knicks will be without forward Andrea Bargnani, who is out indefinitely after tearing the ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow during the Knicks' 110-106 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday. It is yet another blow to the frontcourt depth of the Knicks, who are already without Amar'e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin. Both are out with sprained left ankles. "It gives the young guys an opportunity to play," Woodson said before tipoff. "Cole Aldrich and Jeremy Tyler are two guys that haven't played much, but through the development program and us working with them, we're kinda anxious to see where they are as players."
• Metta World Peace will dress after being out of the lineup since December 27 with a sore left knee.
• This is the sixth game of a seven-game trip for the Lakers, who list the following player as out: Kobe Bryant (fractured left knee), Steve Nash (nerve root irritation), Steve Blake (torn ulnar collateral ligament), Jordan Farmar (torn left hamstring), Xavier Henry (bone bruise of right knee).
• Magic center Nik Vucevic will miss his 10th straight game with a concussion, and guard Ronnie Price remains out with a sprained right foot.
• Raptors forward Landry Fields is out (right wrist surgery) while forward Tyler Hansbrough also remains out with an ankle injury.
• Deron Williams will continue to come off the bench for the Nets. With Williams coming off the pine, Alan Anderson will be the game's only starter with less than eight years of NBA experience.
• The injury-ravaged Pelicans, who have lost nine of their last 10, will start Alexis Ajinca at center for the sixth time this season. Greg Stiemsma started the last three games after Jason Smith injured his right knee. "We feel we need a little bit more offense," coach Monty Williams said.
• Pelicans sixth man Tyreke Evans will miss the game with an illness. Anthony Morrow, who missed the Pelicans' 114-97 loss to Sacramento on Tuesday, will suit up.
• Cavaliers rookie power forward Anthony Bennett -- the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA Draft -- has been a "Did Not Play - Coach's Decision" for five straight games, but coach Mike Brown says "we haven't discussed in depth" sending him to the NBA D-League. "The thing I like about having him here is we get to see him every day and he stays around the team," the coach said. "He gets to study scouting reports and learn what it takes to be a pro." Bennett is averaging 2.4 points and 2.2 rebounds in 31 games.
|Free Agency Update|
Beau Estes reports on the latest free agency news from around the league.
|Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown - Washington, D.C.|
Check out the highlights and watch how Brandon Lacue took home the $2,500 prize during the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown in D.C.
|NBA Nation 2014: Philadelphia|
Catch all the action from NBA Nation presented by Sprint in Philadelphia. Visit nba.com/video for more highlights.
|Top 5: July 9|
Check out the top 5 plays from day 5 of the Orlando Summer League.
|Daily Zap: July 9|
All the action from day 5 of the Orlando Summer League wrapped up in under two minutes.