Posted Dec 19, 2013 11:37 AM
NEW YORK -- The National Basketball Association's (NBA) reigning Kia NBA MVP, LeBron James of the Miami Heat, retains the No.1 spot on the league's top-selling jerseys list. The list is based on overall sales from adidas and NBAStore.com from October 2013 through December 2013 and reflects record-breaking holiday season jersey sales. NBAStore.com had its largest Black Friday (Nov. 29) and Cyber Monday (Dec. 2) in history, with sales up double digits from 2012.
Rounding out the top five are the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant (No. 2), the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose (No. 3), the Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant (No. 4) and the New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony (No. 5).
James, who had the most popular jersey worldwide this year, has held the No. 1 position five times on the league's lists of domestic jersey sales.
• The Philadelphia 76ers' Michael Carter-Williams makes his debut as the only rookie on the list.
• The Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry (No. 6), the Houston Rockets' James Harden (No. 12) and the Indiana Pacers' Paul George (No. 14) rank for the first time.
• Bryant moves up one spot from the latest list (Oct.) to No. 2.
• Anthony retains his spot at No. 5.
This year marks the seventh season that adidas has served as the official on-court uniform and apparel provider of the NBA.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
4. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
12. James Harden, Houston Rockets
13. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
14. Paul George, Indiana Pacers
15. Michael Carter-Williams, Philadelphia 76ers
|GameTime: Happy 80th Birthday Elgin Baylor|
The NBA TV family wishes NBA legend Elgin Baylor a happy 80th birthday.
|GameTime: Smitty's Top 5 Guys Under the Radar|
Steve Smith gives his top 5 guys under the radar from the 2014 FIBA Word Cup.
|GameTime: Best Offseason Moves|
The guys talk about the best offseason moves so far this summer.
|GameTime: Future for the Hawks|
The GameTime crew discusses the situation in Atlanta and the future of the Hawks.
|USAB Men wins the Gold Medal|
A look back at the USA Basketball Men's Team's journey through the 2014 FIBA World Cup, culminating with its gold medal performance against Serbia.