NBA.com news services
Posted Dec 15, 2013 5:56 PM - Updated Dec 15, 2013 7:24 PM
• The Suns' dual point-guard starting backcourt of Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe will have to contend with the bigger backcourt of Seth Curry and Klay Thompson. The Warriors' pair averaged a combined 44.2 points, the NBA's highest-scoring backcourt. At the same time, "They have to guard us at the other end," Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said.
• New Orleans will be without reserve guard Tyreke Evans, who aggravated his sprained left ankle in Friday's win over Memphis. Coach Monty Williams didn't say who would get Evans' minutes. "A lot of it is feel," Williams said. "They have different lineups so we could go a number of directions. It's tough not having Tyreke out there because he gives you a different beast that a lot of teams don't have off the bench."
• The short-handed Houston Rockets roll into Sacramento this afternoon for a mid-day matinee against the struggling Kings. After a big win at Golden State on Friday night, Houston comes in without a few key pieces today, including Jeremy Lin (back spasms) and Omer Asik (right thigh contusion).
• Thunder shooting guard Thabo Sefolosha will be back in the starting lineup tonight after missing the last three games with a sprained right knee.
• In his last three games, Ricky Rubio is averaging 17.3 ppg, far above his season average of 9.5. It's a trend Adelman would like to see continue. "He's taken good opportunities," Adelman said. "He's mixing it up. He's got to make shots when they give him opportunities. He just has to pick and choose his spots."
• Portland will be without backup center Meyers Leonard, who was suspended one game by the NBA for body slamming Philadelphia's Daniel Orton during the fourth quarter of the Blazers' 139-105 win on Saturday. That leaves Joel Freeland as the main reserve behind starter Robin Lopez.
|Top 5: July 10|
Count down the top five plays from Thursday night's action from Orlando's Summer League games.
|Daily Zap: July 10|
Get the quick recap from Thursday's action from the Summer League games in Orlando.
|Rookie of the Day - Jordan Adams|
Jordan Adams scores 19 points on 7 for 12 shooting, and grabs 3 rebounds and 3 steals in a win over the Rockets.
|Player of the Day - Marcus Smart|
Marcus Smart scores 19 points, dishes out 5 assists, and grabs 3 rebounds in a victory over the Magic.
|Block of the Night - Jamaal Franklin|
Jamaal Franklin gets the big block on Chris Kramer's layup attempt.