Skip to main content

NBA.com, Official site of the National Basketball Association

2013 NBA Summer League 2013 NBA Summer League
Main content
NBA news

Korver signs new four-year deal with Hawks


Posted Jul 12, 2013 3:22 PM

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Hawks have re-signed guard Kyle Korver, allowing the team to keep one of the league's top 3-point shooters.

The four-year, $24 million deal, first reported last week, was signed on Friday.

Korver averaged 10.9 points and made 45.7 percent of his 3-point shots last season to rank second in the NBA. He has made a 3-pointer in 73 consecutive regular-season games, the league's longest active streak.

General manager Danny Ferry says Korver is an "important presence" for the team and says "we're thrilled to retain him."

Korver and center Al Horford may be the team's only returning starters. The Hawks must decide by Saturday night if they will match the Bucks' four-year, $32 million offer to point guard Jeff Teague, a restricted free agent.

SEARCH NEWS
LATEST VIDEOS
photoNBA Rooks: Carter-Williams
Michael Carter-Williams gets his first taste of the ups and downs of rookie life as he experiences at Orlando Summer League.
photoHot Performance of the Day
Ben McLemore found his groove, scoring 26 points against the Raptors.
photoTimberwolves' Rooks
Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng
photoMike Miller Amnestied
Rick and Dennis discuss the Heat's decision to amnesty Mike Miller.
photoCarter-Williams Analysis
Dennis Scott talks about what he like about Michael Carter-Williams' game during the Orlando Summer League.