Posted Feb 13, 2013 1:09 PM
-- NBA ALL-STARS SET TO DAZZLE IN THE LONE STAR STATE AS
HOUSTON HOSTS THE NBA ALL-STAR GAME FOR A THIRD TIME --
HOUSTON -- NBA All-Star 2013 will bring together the league's most talented players for a global celebration of the game in Houston. Three days of live game action will culminate with the 62nd NBA All-Star Game at Toyota Center on Sunday, Feb. 17.
TNT will televise the All-Star Game for an 11th consecutive year, marking Turner Sports' 28th season of All-Star coverage. Fans in 215 countries and territories and in 47 languages will be able to experience a weeklong celebration of the game through an array of digital technologies offered by NBA Digital, TNT and ESPN.
The following is a look at NBA All-Star 2013 by the numbers:
NBA All-Star in Houston
• 3 -- Houston has hosted three NBA All-Star Games (1989, 2006, 2013).
• 119 -- NBA All-Star 2013 rosters have a combined total of 119 All-Star appearances (East -- 55, West -- 64).
• 25 x 58 -- Toyota Center's Panasonic scoreboard features the largest combined viewing area of any indoor center-hung scoreboard currently used in the U.S., with four large screens—two rectangular-shaped (25' high by 58' wide ) and a pair of square-shaped screens (measuring approx. 25' high by 25' wide).
• 29 -- NBA All-Star 2013 performers have won a combined total of 29 Grammy Awards (Alicia Keys -- 14, John Legend -- 9, Ne-Yo -3, Ludacris -- 3).
All-Star Global Reach
• 215 -- All-Star events will be broadcast in 215 countries and territories and in 47 languages.
• 1,800 --More than 1,800 media will cover events, including 312 international reporters from 46 countries and territories.
NBA on TNT
• 11 and 28 -- Eleventh consecutive year the All-Star Game will be shown in prime time on TNT, and 28th season Turner Sports has provided All-Star coverage.
• 42 -- Turner Sports will use 42 HD cameras, 4 jib cameras and 30 effects microphones.
• 140 -- NBA TV and NBA.com will air more than 140 hours of All-Star coverage.
• 49 -- TNT and NBA TV analysts were selected All-Stars a combined 49 times during their careers (Charles Barkley -- 11, Shaquille O'Neal -- 15, Reggie Miller -- 5, Chris Webber -- 5, Steve Smith -- 1, Isiah Thomas -- 12).
• 2.2 Billion -- More than 2.2 billion videos have been viewed by fans this season on NBA.com.
NBA Social Media
• 368 Million -- 368 million followers and likes combined across all league, team, and player pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Sina, and Tencent that will have access to All-Star.
• 3,000 -- NBA Cares All-Star Community Caravan efforts include five days of hands-on community service featuring more than 30 projects and activities led by more than 3,000 NBA family members, partners and volunteers.
NBA All-Star Jam Session
• 500,000 -- Jam Session boasts over 500,000 square feet and more than 40 attractions.
• 150 -- Jam Session will feature 150 appearances by NBA and WNBA players, legends and coaches.
NBA Players and Legends
• 1,591,437 and 15 -- The Lakers' Kobe Bryant was the leading vote-getter in the NBA All-Star Balloting program presented by Sprint, with 1,591,437 votes. Bryant earned a record 15th consecutive All-Star nod, breaking a tie shared by Jerry West, Karl Malone, and Shaquille O'Neal.
• 9 -- Nine international players participating in NBA All-Star 2013 -- Kyrie Irving (Australia), Tony Parker (France), Luol Deng (Great Britain), Tim Duncan (U.S. Virgin Islands), Tristan Thompson (Canada), Nikola Vucevic (Montenegro), Alexey Shved (Russia), Ricky Rubio (Spain), Andrew Nicholson (Canada).
• 7 -- Seven first-time All-Stars, the most since 2005 -- Tyson Chandler (NYK), Paul George (IND), Jrue Holiday (PHI), Kyrie Irving (CLE), Joakim Noah (CHI), Brook Lopez (BKN), James Harden (HOU).
|GameTime: Blazers Breakdown|
Kenny Smith and Rick Fox breakdown the Trail Blazers' third-quarter surge against the Thunder.
|Stern and Mutombo reflect on Mandela|
David Stern and Dikembe Mutombo reflect on the inspiration of Nelson Mandela.
|Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom|
Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom starring Idris Elba and Naomie Harris in select theaters now.
|Wednesday's Top 10|
Three Hawks players land in Wednesday's Top 10.
|Steal of the Night - Trey Burke|
Trey Burke gets the steal and outlets to Richard Jefferson who finishes with the reverse layup.