By Official release
Posted Jun 12 2012 3:09PM
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma City Thunder will meet the Miami Heat when The Finals 2012 tips off on ABC tonight at 9 p.m. ET. NBA fans in 215 countries and territories will watch, listen, and participate in this crowning event through an array of multimedia and digital technologies.
The Finals Spans the Globe
• 215 -- The 2012 NBA Finals will have unprecedented global coverage, reaching fans live in 215 countries and territories in 47 languages on their televisions, computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Finals on ABC.
• 6 -- ESPN on ABC's Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy will call The Finals for a record 6th straight year.
• 32 -- ABC will use 32 high-definition cameras to deliver crisp game action.
• 6 -- The network will use 6 Super Slo-Mo cameras during each broadcast and 1 SkyCam.
• 40 -- NBA TV will provide more than 40 hours of live programming from The Finals.
• 9 -- NBA TV analysts collected 9 NBA championship rings during their playing days (Shaquille O'Neal 4, Kenny Smith 2, Brent Barry 2, Steve Smith 1).
• 3.4 Billion -- A record 3.4 billion videos have been viewed by fans on NBA.com this season.
NBA Entertainment (NBAE)
• 7 -- NBAE-produced shows and features will film on site at The Finals, including NBA TV's Sounds of the Finals, Micro-Movies presented by Kia on NBA.com, and the NBA Championship DVD.
• 10 - US Army Reserves that will be working with NBAE in Oklahoma City and Miami during The Finals and assisting with technical production.
NBA Social Media Highlights
• 278M - A record 278 million fans globally that follow the NBA, teams, and players on social media.
• 7.6 M -- Mentions of LeBron James on Twitter and Facebook by fans since start of playoffs, tops among all players. Kevin Durant is second with more than 5 million mentions.
• 710/711 - The City Rescue Mission in OKC and the Miami Springs Community Center in Miami will be the 710th & 711th places where kids and families can live, learn or play, respectively, created by the NBA family.
• $190M - To date, the league, its teams and players have donated more than $190 million to charity, completed more than 1.9 million hours of hands-on community service, and created more than 700 places where kids and families can live, learn, or play, in 22 countries and territories on five continents.
The Oklahoma City Thunder vs. The Miami Heat
• 1 -- The Thunder are making the franchise's first Finals appearance in the Oklahoma City era.
• 3 -- The Thunder's Kevin Durant has won the NBA scoring title 3 times in his career and the Heat's LeBron James has been named NBA MVP three times.
• 6 -- OKC's Derek Fisher is vying to win his 6th NBA title and first with a team other than the Lakers. Only Robert Horry and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar have won as many as 6 titles with multiple teams.
• 26 -- Over past two seasons Miami has recorded 26 postseason wins, the most by any NBA team. Second on the list is Oklahoma City with 21.
|Arena Link: Ersan Ilyasova|
Ersan Ilyasova joins GameTime via Arena Link to talk about his career night in the Bucks win.
|Pacers vs. Bucks|
Ersan Ilyasova scores a career high 34 points as the Bucks defeat the Pacers 111-107.
|Nightly Notable: Ersan Ilyasova|
Ersan Ilyasova scores a career high 34 points on 12-14 shooting in the Bucks win.
|Play of the Day: Michael Carter-Williams|
Michael Carter-Williams picks off the pass and takes it in for the two handed jam.
|Steal of the Night: Ersan Ilyasova|
Ersan Ilyasova hustles and dives on the floor to steal the ball away from Solomon Hill.