By Official release
Posted May 17 2012 1:57PM
• 'The Dream Team' on NBA TV (all times ET):
July 4: 7 p.m. ET
July 4: 11 p.m. ET
July 5: 11:30 a.m. ET
* * *
NEW YORK -- NBA TV will celebrate the 20th anniversary of USA Basketball's iconic team, which captured the attention of fans around the globe, when the network premieres NBA TV's "The Dream Team" presented by Right Guard® on Wednesday, June 13, at 9 p.m. ET.
Narrated by writer/director/producer Ed Burns, the film will be the definitive documentary of the historic 1992 USA Basketball team, featuring recent interviews with all 12 members, including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Charles Barkley.
The 90-minute documentary will showcase never-before-seen footage and untold stories of how the most dominant team ever assembled returned USA Basketball to glory, while turning basketball into a global phenomenon.
The world had rarely seen a frenzy as the one the Dream Team created when it arrived in Barcelona, Spain, in July 1992. The Dream Team featured 11 future Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame players and three future Hall of Famers on the coaching staff, including head coach Chuck Daly.
NBA TV's "The Dream Team" presented by Right Guard® will take viewers on a behind-the-scenes journey into the selection of the team, the dynamic personalities, the legendary team-building experiences in training camp and exhibitions, and ultimately its rock-star-type unveiling in Barcelona.
NBA TV's "The Dream Team" presented by Right Guard® will include:
• Exclusive one-on-one interviews with the entire Dream Team: Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Christian Laettner, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, and John Stockton, as well as assistant coaches Lenny Wilkens, Mike Krzyzewski, and P.J. Carlesimo
• The Team's only loss, as documented through rare footage from USA Basketball's film library, and the untold story behind what has become part of basketball legend
• The Story of the greatest game never seen, featuring exclusive footage from 20 years ago in Monte Carlo when Magic and Jordan went head-to-head in practice
• How The Team was chosen: the story behind the selection process for the Dream Team's roster
• Many other exclusive interviews with those connected to the team.
NBA Digital is the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Right Guard® is the official deodorant and body wash of USA Basketball. RIGHT GUARD®, the high performance antiperspirant and deodorant brand since its launch in 1956, is currently depended on by millions of people worldwide for providing unbeatable odor and wetness protection. Right Guard® brand advertising in the early nineties featured Dream Team members Charles Barkley and Scottie Pippen with the tagline "Anything less would be Uncivilized."
|Grizzlies-Thunder: Game 2 Preview|
Grant Hill and Rick Fox preview Game 2 between the Grizzlies and Thunder Monday night at 8:00 ET on TNT.
|Postgame: Durant and Westbrook|
Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook address the media after defeating the Grizzlies in Game 1 of the NBA playoffs.
|Daily Zap: April 19|
Check out the fast track of highlights from the first games of the playoffs.
|Durant Drops 33 & 8|
Kevin Durant scores 33 points, scoring on 13 of his 25 attempts, dishes out 7 assists, and grabs 8 rebounds to lead the Thunder over the Grizzlies in Game 1 of the first round.
|Paul vs. Thompson|
Check out some highlights from the heated Chris Paul versus Klay Thompson matchup from Game 1 of the first round series between the Clippers and the Warriors.