The Consensus Mock Draft is a compilation of the best mock drafts around the web. We bring them together to come up with a good estimate of how the 2011 NBA Draft could play out.
A few trends in the moments before the Draft:
• No movement at No 1: Kyrie Irving is still consensus on all 12 mocks, but Derrick Williams is No. 2 on 11 of the 12 (HoopsWorld.com has Minnesota taking Enes Kanter).
• Kemba Walker continues to slide. In our last look (late Wednesday), the UConn guard was eight in total points, but is now 10th in total points
• Another guard sliding is Alec Burks, who drops completely out of the lottery after looking like a lock in recent weeks, surprising considering Burks is the top shooting guard on David Aldridge's Big Board. Chris Singleton from Florida State takes over Burks' spot in the Top 14, actually jumping Marcus Morris to 13th.
• Kentucky guard Brandon Knight was gaining a grasp on the No. 3 spot to the Jazz, but he's now projected to Toronto on nine of the 12 mocks. With Enes Kanter locked in to the Jazz at No. 3 (nine times), Jimmer Fredette has re-emerged as the most common pick for Utah at No. 12. This situation seems to be giving prognosticators serious trouble.
• Bismack Biyombo is back. After falling big time yesterday, the Congo native gained ground today and is projected highest to the Raptors at No. 5 and most often to the Pistons at No. 8.
• Jonas Valanciunas contineus to gain steam as the Cavs' pick at No. 4. Nine of the mocks project Valanciunas to go here (five had him there yesterday), so you have to wonder if the prognosticators are all hearing the same chatter.
• Nine players now appear in the Lottery on all 12 mock drafts: Irving, Williams, Kanter, Knight, Valanciunas, Vesely, Leonard and Walker. Tristan Thompson is on 11 of the 12.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly as the Consensus will be updated periodically.
The Consensus Mock Draft is a compilation of the best mock drafts around the web. We bring them together to come up with a good estimate of how the draft could play out.