By Official Release
Posted Dec 1 2010 2:59PM
NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks' Landry Fields and the Los Angels Clippers' Blake Griffin today were named the Eastern and Western Conference T-Mobile Rookies of the Month, respectively, for games played from the start of the season (Oct. 26) through November.
Fields ranks fourth among rookies in scoring (10.8 ppg), second in rebounding (7.1 rpg), eighth in assists (1.6 apg) and second in field goal percentage (.544). He started all 19 games for the Knicks this season, leads all NBA guards in rebounds and is the only rookie in the top eight in scoring.
Griffin leads all rookies in scoring (20.2 ppg) and rebounding (11.6 rpg). He also ranks second in minutes per game (35.5 mpg), fourth in assists (2.6 apg) and third in field goal percentage (.520). On Nov. 20, Griffin scored 44 points, the most by a Clipper since Elton Brand scored that many in February, 2006. He also led the team with 15 rebounds and a season-high seven assists.
Here is a recap of the month for both Fields and Griffin:
• Nov. 12 @ Minnesota: Registered 16 points, 10 rebounds and three steals in a 112-103 loss to the Timberwolves.
• Nov. 16 @ Denver: Tallied 21 points, 17 rebounds and two steals in a 120-118 loss to the Nuggets.
• Nov. 23 vs. Charlotte: Scored 14 points in addition to seven rebounds, two assists, two blocks and one steal in a 110-107 win over the Bobcats.
• Nov. 28 @ Detroit: Posted 16 points, 11 rebounds, six assists and two steals in a 125-116 victory over the Pistons.
• Nov. 20 vs. New York: Scored 44 points, and added 15 rebounds and seven assists in a 124-115 loss to the Knicks.
• Nov. 22 vs. New Orleans: Recorded 24 points, 13 rebounds and four assists in a 99-95 victory over the Hornets.
• Nov. 25 vs. Sacramento: Posted 25 points, 15 rebounds and five assists in a 110-82 win over the Kings.
• Nov. 28 vs. Utah: Tallied 35 points, 14 rebounds and seven assists in a 109-97 loss to the Jazz.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference T-Mobile Rookies of the Month were New Jersey's Derrick Favors, Philadelphia's Evan Turner, Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins and Washington's John Wall.
|D-Will Sweet Dish|
Deron Williams throws the No-look pass to Mason Plumlee for the basket.
Avery Bradley floats a pass to Jeff Green for the flush.
|NBA TV Update|
Matt Winer has the latest updates from around the Association.
|Plumlee Two-handed jam|
Jarrett Jack finds Mason Plumlee for the jam.
|Nets vs. Celtics|
Jarrett Jack drops 27 points on the Celtics as the Nets edge Boston.