Posted Apr 16 2010 5:05PM
NEW YORK (Official Release) -- Six ties among teams that finished the 2009-10 NBA regular season with identical records were broken today through random drawings to help determine the order of selection for the 2010 NBA Draft, which will be held on Thursday, June 24 at The WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
The drawings were conducted earlier today in New York City at the Board of Governors meeting by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
The results of the drawings:
• Utah (53-29) won a tiebreaker with Atlanta and Denver; Atlanta then won a tie-breaker with Denver
• Boston (50-32) won a tiebreaker with San Antonio, Oklahoma City and Portland; San Antonio then won a tie-breaker with Oklahoma City and Portland; Oklahoma City then won a tie-breaker with Portland
• Memphis (40-42) won a tiebreaker with Toronto
• The Los Angeles Clippers (29-53) won a tiebreaker with New York
• Philadelphia (27-55) won a tiebreaker with Detroit
• Golden State (26-56) won a tiebreaker with Washington
The teams entered in the lottery, to be held on May 18, 2010, are as follows (note: the first three picks in the Draft will be determined by the lottery and the remainder of the "lottery teams" will select in positions 4 through 14 in inverse order of their consolidated standings at the end of the regular season):
The order for the remainder of the first round picks is as follows:
2010 SECOND ROUND DRAFT CHOICE ORDER
|Stephen Curry's Greatest Rookie Moments|
Turn back the clock and relive some of Stephen Curry's greatest plays as a rookie.
|James and Beverley Tangle|
LeBron James and Patrick Beverley have to be separated during the third quarter.
|Kia Nominee: Jusuf Nurkic|
The Nuggets' Jusuf Nurkic is a nominee for the Kia Western Conference Rookie of the Month.
|Kia Nominee: Jeff Teague|
The Hawks' Jeff Teague is a nominee for the Kia Eastern Conference Player of the Month.
|Kia Nominee: Kyrie Irving|
The Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving is a nominee for the Kia Eastern Conference Player of the Month.