By Official Release
Posted Mar 15 2010 2:29PM
NEW YORK -- The Milwaukee Bucks' Andrew Bogut and the Portland Trail Blazers' Brandon Roy today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played March 8-14.
Bogut led Milwaukee to a 3-0 week, which included wins over the Celtics and Jazz. Bogut led the league in blocks (3.67) and was second in rebounding (13.7), while scoring 19.3 points per contest. With a point-rebound double-double in each game, Bogut now has 32 double-doubles on the season, placing him eighth in the NBA.
The Trail Blazers posted a 4-0 week behind Roy, who scored 27.0 points on .567 shooting. Roy's 41-point effort on March 11, in a win at Golden State marked his third 40-plus point effort of the season. With his two three-point makes against the Kings on March 12, Roy moved into ninth place on the Trail Blazers' all-time three-point field goals made list.
Here is a recap of the week for Bogut and Roy:
Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks
• March 9 vs. Boston: Posted 25 points, 17 rebounds and four blocks in an 86-84 win over the Celtics.
• March 12 vs. Utah: Tallied 16 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks during a 95-87 win over the Jazz.
• March 14 vs. Indiana: Totaled 17 points, 12 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in a 98-94 win over the Pacers.
Brandon Roy, Portland Trail Blazers
• March 9 vs. Sacramento: Posted 19 points and eight rebounds in an 88-81 win over the Kings.
• March 11 @ Golden State: Totaled 41 points and eight rebounds in a 110-105 win over the Warriors.
• March 12 @ Sacramento: Collected 28 points and four assists in a 100-94 win over the Kings.
• March 14 vs. Toronto: Totaled 20 points and five assists in a 109-98 win over the Raptors.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Charlotte's Stephen Jackson, Cleveland's LeBron James, Houston's Luis Scola, Orlando's Dwight Howard, Phoenix's Amar'e Stoudemire and San Antonio's Manu Ginobili.
|Gordon Reacts to Dunk Contest |
Aaron Gordon talks with the media after the Verizon Slam Dunk Contest.
|Nightly Notable: Zach LaVine|
Zach LaVine of the Minnesota Timberwolves defends his title successfully in the Verizon Slam Dunk Championship fending off a tough effort from the Orlando Magic's Aaron Gordon.
|Play of the Day: Aaron Gordon|
Aaron Gordon of the Orlando Magic tries to play spoiler with a dunk over the Magic mascot while going beneath his legs to score a perfect 50 with his first dunk in the finals of the Verizon Slam Dunk Championship.
|LaVine Reacts to Dunk Contest Win|
Zach LaVine talks with the media after winning the Verizon Slam Dunk Contest.
|All-Star Scene: Saturday Night Wrap-up|
Karl-Anthony Towns, Klay Thompson and Zach LaVine talk about their victories Sa