By Official Release
Posted Mar 1 2010 6:43PM
NEW YORK, Mar. 1, 2010 -- The Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James and the Utah Jazz's Carlos Boozer today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month presented by Kia Motors, respectively, for games played during February.
James paced the league in scoring (32.6 ppg), was fourth in assists (10.5 apg) and added 6.8 rebounds and 2.1 steals in 41.4 minutes. James scored at least 20 points in all 11 contests, leading Cleveland to an Eastern Conference-best 8-3 record. James recorded his third triple-double of the season on Feb. 18, with 43 points, 13 rebounds and a career-high tying 15 assists. On Feb. 6, James set a franchise record with 35 points in the first half of Cleveland's 113-106 win at New York. James finished the game with 47 points, eight rebounds, eight assists and a season-high five steals.
Boozer topped the Western Conference in rebounds (13.0 rpg) and added 21.2 points on .604 shooting from the field, leading Utah to a 10-3 record. Boozer, who ranks fourth in the league in double-doubles (38), recorded nine in the 11 February games he played. On Feb. 21, Boozer scored 22 points and added a season-high 23 rebounds in a 93-89 win at Portland. Boozer is one of five NBA players averaging at least 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Here is a closer look at the month for James and Boozer:
LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
• Feb. 2 vs. Memphis: Totaled 22 points, 15 assists and six rebounds in a 105-89 win over the Grizzlies.
• Feb. 6 vs. New York: Poured in 47 points, and added eight rebounds, eight assists and five steals in a 113-106 win over the Knicks.
• Feb. 11 vs. Orlando: Recorded 32 points, 13 assists, eight rebounds and two steals in a 115-106 win over the Magic.
• Feb. 18 vs. Denver: Posted 43 points, 13 rebounds, 15 assists and two steals in a 118-116 overtime loss to the Nuggets.
• Feb. 25 @ Boston: Tallied 36 points, nine assists and seven rebounds in a 108-88 win over the Celtics.
Carlos Boozer, Utah Jazz
• Feb. 9 @ L.A. Clippers: Recorded 34 points, 14 rebounds, four assists and four steals in a 109-99 win over the Clippers.
• Feb. 19 @ Golden State: Scored 30 points, and added 16 rebounds, three assists and two steals in a 100-89 win over the Warriors.
• Feb. 21 @ Portland: Tallied 22 points, 23 rebounds and five assists in a 93-89 win over the Trail Blazers.
• Feb. 24 vs. Charlotte: Posted 33 points, 16 rebounds, two assists and two steals in a 102-93 win over the Bobcats.
Other nominees for Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month presented by Kia Motors were Atlanta's Joe Johnson and Josh Smith, Boston's Rajon Rondo, Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, Orlando's Dwight Howard, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala, and Phoenix's Amar'e Stoudemire.
The Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month presented by Kia Motors are part of a series of on-court performance awards called "The NBA Performance Awards Presented by Kia Motors." The series, currently in its third season, is part of a multiyear marketing partnership between Kia Motors America and the NBA, and includes four of the league's most prestigious year-end honors: Most Valuable Player Award, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Man Award, and Most Improved Player. Kia Motors is the Official Automotive Partner of the NBA and the all-new Sorento is the league's Official Vehicle. For more information on the "The NBA Performance Awards Presented by Kia Motors" visit www.NBA.com/performanceawards.
|Amex Halftime Report: Rockets vs. Warriors|
The crew chat about the Rockets vs. the Warriors at halftime.
|Amex Halftime Report: Spurs vs. Heat|
The Inside guys break down the game at halftime between the Spurs and the Heat.
|Top Of The Hour|
Beau Estes has your latest news and notes from around the Association.
|Vince Carter Mixtape|
Check out highlights of Vince Carter's most mesmerizing plays.
|Daily Fantasy Minute - Feb. 10|
Get the inside tips from NBA.com for your fantasy picks for tonight's games.