By Official Release
Posted Nov 30 2009 2:11PM
The Charlotte Bobcats' Gerald Wallace and the San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 23, through Sunday, Nov. 29.
With weekly averages of 25.3 points, 13.7 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1.0 blocks, Wallace led the Bobcats to a 3-0 mark. Wallace scored a season-high 31 points in consecutive wins over Toronto and Cleveland, marking just the fifth time in Bobcats history that a player recorded back-to-back 30-point games. Wallace pulled down double-digit rebounds in all three games.
Duncan led San Antonio to a 4-0 week, posting three double-doubles along the way. Duncan averaged 21.8 points on .583 shooting, to go with 10.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 blocks. With 21 points in the Spurs' 92-84 win over the Rockets on Nov. 27, Duncan passed Terry Cummings (19,460) for 39th on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
Here is a recap of the week for Wallace and Duncan:
Gerald Wallace, Charlotte Bobcats
• Nov. 25 vs. Toronto: Posted 31 points, 13 rebounds, two steals and two blocks during a 116-81 win over the Raptors.
• Nov. 27 vs. Cleveland: Netted 31 points for the second straight game and added 14 rebounds in a 94-87 win over the Cavaliers.
• Nov. 28 @ Washington: Rounded out the week with his third double-double, tallying 14 points and 14 rebounds in a 92-76 victory over the Wizards.
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
• Nov. 23 vs. Milwaukee: Tallied 24 points and 12 rebounds in a 112-98 win over the Bucks.
• Nov. 25 vs. Golden State: Posted 20 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and three blocks in a 118-104 win over the Warriors. Nov. 27 @ Houston: Collected 21 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks during a 92-84 win over the Rockets.
• Nov. 29 vs. Philadelphia: Recorded 22 points, six rebounds, five assists and three blocks in 97-89 win over the 76ers.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Cleveland's LeBron James, Denver's Carmelo Anthony, Golden State's Monta Ellis, L.A. Clippers' Marcus Camby, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Orlando's Dwight Howard, Phoenix's Steve Nash and Sacramento's Tyreke Evans.
|2016-17 Trail Blazers Top 10 Plays|
Here are the top 10 plays from the 2016-17 season.
|Is Rose a Good Fit For Cavs|
Dennis Scott says Derrick Rose can be a good fit if he works on his game and Lebron James gets him into the Cavaliers system.
|Irving Requests Trade|
The GameTime crew discuss Kyrie Irving's trade request from the Cavaliers.
|Top 60 Clutch Shots: 2017 NBA Season|
Check out the 60 best clutch shots and game winners from the 2017 NBA Season!
|John Wall's INSANE 2016-2017 NBA MIXTAPE|
Check out the Wizards that is John Wall, in this INSANE mixape, showing off his best crossovers, dimes, dunks and clutch plays!