By Official Release
Posted Nov 9 2009 2:59PM
NEW YORK -- The Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson and the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Kaman today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 2, through Sunday, Nov. 8.
Johnson's Hawks finished the week with a 3-1 mark, which included wins over Portland, Denver and Sacramento. Johnson averaged 20.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists for Atlanta on the week. Saving his best for last, Johnson posted a well-balanced statline of 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists on Saturday nights as the Hawks upended the Nuggets 125-100.
Kaman led the Clippers to 3-0 week, averaging 24.3 points on .574 shooting from the field, 9.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocks. Kaman, who is currently in the midst of a career-long six-game streak with 20 or more points, tallied a high for the week with 25 points during a 93-90 win over the Timberwolves on Nov. 2.
Here is a recap of the week for Johnson and Kaman:
Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks
• Nov. 3 vs. Portland: Posted 19 points and eight rebounds in a 97-91 win over the Trail Blazers.
• Nov. 4 vs. Sacramento: Tallied 26 points and eight rebounds in a 113-105 win over the Kings.
• Nov. 6 @ Charlotte: Scored 13 points and added three rebounds in a 103-83 loss to the Bobcats. Nov. 7 vs. Denver: Collected 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a 125-100 win over the Nuggets.
Chris Kaman, Los Angeles Clippers
• Nov. 2 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 25 points, 11 rebounds, two blocks and one steal in a 93-90 win over the Timberwolves.
• Nov. 6 @ Golden State: Posted 22 points, nine rebounds, three blocks and two assists in the Clippers' 118-90 win over the Warriors.
• Nov. 7 vs. Memphis: Scored 22 points and added nine rebounds and four assists during a 113-110 win over the Grizzlies.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Charlotte's Gerald Wallace, Cleveland's LeBron James, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, Detroit's Ben Gordon, L.A. Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Miami's Dwyane Wade, Sacramento's Jason Thompson and Toronto's Chris Bosh.
|Jaylen Brown's Roll in Boston|
Kristen Ledlow, Steve Smith and Clark Kellogg discuss Jaylen Brown's role with the Boston Celtics.
|How will Jakob Poeltl Mesh with Raptors|
Kristen Ledlow, Steve Smith and Clark Kellogg talk about how Jakob Poeltl will mesh with the current Raptors bigs.
|Lakers Land Ingram at No. 2|
Matt Winer, Steve Smith and Clark Kellogg discuss second overall pick Brandon Ingram's potential impact on the Lakers.
|Spurs Draft Washington's Murray|
Matt Winer, Steve Smith and Clark Kellogg discuss the Spurs' first round selection, Washington guard Dejounte Murray.
|Dunn Lands in Minnesota|
Matt Winer, Steve Smith and Clark Kellogg discuss Kris Dunn landing in Minnesota at number five.