By Official Release
Posted Nov 9 2009 2:59PM
NEW YORK -- The Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson and the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Kaman today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 2, through Sunday, Nov. 8.
Johnson's Hawks finished the week with a 3-1 mark, which included wins over Portland, Denver and Sacramento. Johnson averaged 20.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists for Atlanta on the week. Saving his best for last, Johnson posted a well-balanced statline of 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists on Saturday nights as the Hawks upended the Nuggets 125-100.
Kaman led the Clippers to 3-0 week, averaging 24.3 points on .574 shooting from the field, 9.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocks. Kaman, who is currently in the midst of a career-long six-game streak with 20 or more points, tallied a high for the week with 25 points during a 93-90 win over the Timberwolves on Nov. 2.
Here is a recap of the week for Johnson and Kaman:
Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks
• Nov. 3 vs. Portland: Posted 19 points and eight rebounds in a 97-91 win over the Trail Blazers.
• Nov. 4 vs. Sacramento: Tallied 26 points and eight rebounds in a 113-105 win over the Kings.
• Nov. 6 @ Charlotte: Scored 13 points and added three rebounds in a 103-83 loss to the Bobcats. Nov. 7 vs. Denver: Collected 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a 125-100 win over the Nuggets.
Chris Kaman, Los Angeles Clippers
• Nov. 2 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 25 points, 11 rebounds, two blocks and one steal in a 93-90 win over the Timberwolves.
• Nov. 6 @ Golden State: Posted 22 points, nine rebounds, three blocks and two assists in the Clippers' 118-90 win over the Warriors.
• Nov. 7 vs. Memphis: Scored 22 points and added nine rebounds and four assists during a 113-110 win over the Grizzlies.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Charlotte's Gerald Wallace, Cleveland's LeBron James, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, Detroit's Ben Gordon, L.A. Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Miami's Dwyane Wade, Sacramento's Jason Thompson and Toronto's Chris Bosh.
|Blazers vs. Cavaliers|
Kyrie Irving scores a career-high 55 points and leads the Cavaliers to their eighth straight win, 99-94 over the Trail Blazers.
|GameTime: Diesel's Dunks|
Watch the best high-flying, rim rattling slams and jams in this edition of Diesel's Dunks.
|Celtics vs. Timberwolves|
Kevin Martin scores 21 points in his return from a 34-game absence to lift the Timberwolves to a 110-98 victory over the Celtics.
|Arena Link: Brian Mahoney|
Brian Mahoney joins GameTime via Arena Link to discuss the Knicks current win streak since Melo's return.
|Jan 28: Top 10 |
Here are your Top 10 plays from Wednesday nights action around the NBA.